Canadian iPod Prices

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bstevenhaagen, Sep 12, 2010.

1. bstevenhaagen

bstevenhaagen Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Usually, at places like Best Buy, Future Shop or Walmart, we got much cheaper prices than the apple store (eg. nano was $149 instead of $169 and the touch was $199 instead of $229). Will we see those prices soon or do they not bother anymore?

I'm still waiting until Walmart sells them, to see their price.
  2. Chamilism

Chamilism New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Well bestbuy and Futureshop are still selling them for $249.99 (8GB), Walmart Might dropp, I already bought my iPod Touch but I have price protection.
  3. mixnmatch

mixnmatch New Member

This is the same thing that happened last year. The 32 GB was 310 or 320 off the bat, but when I got mine on October 8, it was at 300 (I still have the receipt haha). That was best buy by the way, but I'm pretty sure future shop was the same too.
  4. bstevenhaagen

bstevenhaagen Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Oh...so they lower it in October? Thanks...good to know.
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

According to my memory, Futureshop was selling the iPod Touch 3G 32gb was sold at $300 right away, 64gb at $400 right away. The only reason why I ended up buying it at Apple was because Futureshop never had any in stock. I believe Apple is making Futureshop sell their devices at the same price because last year, people would go to the Apple Store and ask for a price match, so Apple would have to sell it at that price, so they lose money.
  6. DemonIced

DemonIced Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Haha, it's actually what I did last year since there were none in stock elsewhere and I got that pricematching at the Apple Store.

I'll probably get mine from the Apple Store this year too with the Recycling program 10% discount.
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

You're going to use trade in your 64gb 3G for 10% off? I find that a complete rip off :/ You can easily get $250-300 for it by selling it on ebay/craigslist/kijiji. But if you trade it in, the most you get is $43. Unless your iPod is broken, I find the recycling program really crappy

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. krazedkat

krazedkat New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think I'm due for an upgrade, I still have only the iPod Touch 1g XD. Well, I'll wait for it to go down.
  9. mappy4ever

mappy4ever Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Costco is always the cheapest... (even cheaper than Walmart by a few cents). Costco has new 32 Gig for $314.89 or something.
  10. krazedkat

krazedkat New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ^ thanks for the infos! Luckily my city is big enough to have a costco! (man, I'm going to get a hotdog when I'm there

Please Register or Log in to view images

)