Canadian iPhone Users READ THIS!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pogoyoyo, Aug 11, 2009.

1. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    A friend of mine that works at the bell store has informed me that Bell and Telus will be going GSM in early to mid September! That means that if you have an unlocked iphone and are not currently on a contract, you will be able to go to bell and telus with your iphone! Rogers currently has a monopoly in the Canadian GSM market (it owns fido), and because of this, it's prices are sky high. In september when telus and bell join in the GSM market, you will be able to get a bell/telus plan, which are dirt cheap! And from my knowledge, bell has dirt cheap 3G unlimited data plans!
    So if you were planning on getting an iphone or planning on getting a plan, i suggest you wait till October to see how things play out!
  2. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Not amazing plans. Better than Rogers though. $60 for 400 mins + Unlimited data. I have $55 with Rogers, 6GB data and 150 minutes, 1000 texts.
  3. raEEv3

raEEv3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Fido's plans are the best hands down!
    All plans comes with unlimited texting. Unlike Rogers, Bell and Telus, you need to pay
  4. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Sounds amazing, but I really hate Telus' service. I will consider switching to Bell however.
  5. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

I was with Telus until they charged me 25 cents for a Happy Birthday text message that they wouldn't remove. but ya, if i could move back to their new GSM network, i would move because of their cheap plans.
  6. hooger

hooger Banned

This is old news, Bell announced HSPA/HSDPA a long time ago.