Can you save or restore the january app pack

Discussion in 'iPod touch January App Pack (iPhone Apps)' started by birdman472, Feb 14, 2008.

1. birdman472

birdman472 Guest

K..I'm going to buy the 16GB touch that comes with the jan update installed and im not yet sure if i want to jailbreak it. I was just wondering if there is anyway to save the jan apps so i dont lose them by jailbreaking, or if i restore the ipod if i dont want jailbreak anymore, will the apps come back on automatically?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. brosmooth

brosmooth New Member

wow, this has only been stated about 1000000 times.... yes, yes it does, it knows that u have the apps on ur touch and will save them
  3. steveo3

steveo3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    search before you post
  4. Puredudes

Puredudes New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    umm i was just reading but it said that the 16gb will drop in price by 100 dollars and the 32gb will drop in price to while the 8gb will be gona from the line of ipod touch's. Just to give u a heads up.
  5. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

Where did you see this? It's not on Apple's site.
  6. sombdy

sombdy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That was just a rumor.
  7. sombdy

sombdy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    As far as I knew the app pack was associated with an iTunes account so if you buy a Touch with the apps already installed, where does it save them? Is the app pack then saved without the iTunes information?
  8. thedarkhorse

thedarkhorse New Member

Itunes for me automatically created a backup, I recently tried to ziphone jailbreak my 1.1.4 ipod touch(with the jan update), but the process failed and my ipod was stuck a command code black and white screen, and restarting just went back to that screen. So I had to restore my touch with itunes. when it first finished the restoration the jan update apps were gone, but then itunes asked me if I wanted to restore my ipod to the backup that itunes had created. so I clicked yes, it went through the process, then afterwards all the apps were back. then I had to sync all my music which took a couple hours.
  9. sombdy

sombdy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So do you have an ipod that came with the Jan apps when you bought it?
    Have you created an iTunes account?
  10. iJayIpodTouch

iJayIpodTouch New Member

It automatically saves your apps. Who cares where it goes? I had to restore my iPod like 4 times in the past hour and I never lost my apps. All you have to do is restored to 1.1.3.