Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by AllanR, Jul 9, 2010.
If so, how?
if you could there would be a button in the app when you first open it like in 3.x
Meh...i would kno tho because im not jailbroken yet
I'd like to know that myself... my SHSH blobs were cashed automatically before... now on 4.0 that's not the case.
Why save your SHSH blobs on 4.0? In regards to the overall quality of future firmwares, there is nowhere to go but up (4.0 itself is just ridiculous). Also, there WILL be an untethered jailbreak for all devices in the next software update...
Youcould have said that about 3.1.2, i'm glad i have shsh files from that.
Use the latest version of "The Firmware Umbrella" it can help you in saving your SHSH on your PC as well as on the Cydia server.I backed up mine using the same and although I am on 3.1.3, Cydia now tells me that I have SHSH on file for 3.1.3 as well as for 4.0 Please Register or Log in to view images
Here's the link for Umbrella:-
Please Register or Log in to view images
No you couldn't, you didn't know if there was going to be a jailbreak for the next software update (3.1.3.), but in this case you do. There is no reason to actually NEED 4.0 blobs saved.
Um hypothetically lets say comex had an untethered jailbreak for all devices and before he released it he wanted everyone to back up their 4.0 blobs, like he did with 3.1.3. We wouldn't have to because we already have them saved. So it's never a bad idea to do it. In fact, it's a great idea to do it with every firmware. I can't jailbreak my 4.0 because i never backed up on 3.1.2 just 3.1.3. So yeah, there is sort of a need to do it.
Here is an example of what happens when you dont back up your SHSH blobs.
1. a Userland or low level Jailbreak for 4.0 comes out.
2. Apple releases 4.0.1 and stops signing 4.0.
3. Somebody f*cks up their jailbroken device and is forced to restore.
4. iTunes forces you to go to 4.0.1.
5. Devs dont want to release low level jailbreak for 4.0.1 and Userland exploit is not released.
6. Cant jailbreak until jailbreak is released, which , as you can see, takes a while for newer devices.
7. User is pissed that he/she has a clean, unjailbreakable iDevice when he/she could have had a clean, jailbreakable iDevice on 4.0 if he/she backed up the SHSH blobs.
And thats why you NEED to backup your SHSH blobs !
My entire argument was based around the point that there WILL be a jailbreak for 4.0.1. I did not say that backing up SHSH blobs was a waste of time, I said that for this specific firmware it would be unnecessary because comex is not releasing his jailbreak until after Apple releases the latest software update.
------------------double post merged------------------
comex would not ask us to back up our 4.0 blobs when his jailbreak is reserved for 4.0.1.
Separate names with a comma.