Can you restore a clean device with a jailbroken backup??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by firemblemfreak, May 19, 2010.

1. firemblemfreak

firemblemfreak New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've had a jailbroken iPod Touch 2nd gen for quite some time now, and in anticipation of upgrading to the 4th gen (when it comes out) or the iPhone 4g I had a question. I realize that when those devices come out their won't be a jailbreak for several months at least.

What I want to know is if I can load a backup of my current iPod Touch onto a new one and keep all my save game data. Will it not be able to restore because it is a jailbroken back up? And if so, is there a way to obtain a "clean" back up? Normally I would use AppBackup, but seeing as the new devices won't have jailbreaks that isn't really an option. I just don't want to lose all my save data. Any answers/ideas?
  2. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yeah that's fine but somethings will be on your device taking up space. Also, so jailbroken mods will be present such as custom carrier logo and battery percentage will show up even on an unjailbroken device.
  3. firemblemfreak

firemblemfreak New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    How much space are we talking?
    And is there anything I should before the final backup before transferring devices? I'm sure I'd need to take everything out of categories and uninstall any customization programs like winterboard and 5 row springboard and such right? Should I just uninstall all jailbroken programs? Or does it not really matter?
    Thanks for the quick response btw