Can you put your albums on to the touch and download film trailers and vids?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kopite 7, Jan 1, 2008.

1. kopite 7

kopite 7 New Member

Can you put your albums on to the ipod and if so how do you do it and can you put album covers or do you have to buy abums from itunes? I also want to download videos but think youtube only streams them. Can I download film trailers from movie sites and games sites and sync it to the touch if they are already in mpeg4 format?
    Last thing I want to be able to listen to music in the car and bought an FM transmiter for £25 in HMV last week but took it back because after every other song it kept losing signal and by the time I found a frequencey for the ipod the next song had finished and it is hard to spend miniutes trying to find a frequencey while driving. Are all fm transmiters like this or is it because it was a cheap one with only 8 pre-set channels?
  2. TJH

TJH New Member

Don't know about your first queston, but I use a Griffin Itune transmitter very good no problems at all and only cost about £29 but well worth the money
  3. VViper

VViper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes you can put Albums on the iPod Touch, its main Music display has the album cover on it. You don't need to purchase Album Covers from iTunes, if you have an iTunes account you can right click a song and select "Get Album Artwork", this will look up iTunes and donwload the appropiate Album Cover. However if the Album name/Artist/Song name is wrong then it won't find it.

A manual way to add artwork without an iTunes account is right click your song/mult-select your album and click get info. Click on "Artwork" and click "Add". Then just browse your computer for the Artwork. Just use Google to find the correct Album.

The iPod Touch has an inbuilt YouTube browser but there are other sites that show videos in the Mpeg-4 format. Staright to your iPod. Just use the search in the forum, there are other posts with more Movie Streaming information and sites.

If the Film Trailers and Game Trailers are in the Mpeg-4 format you can sync them straight to your iPod Touch. If they are not however you need to use a converter. Just use google or the search option in the forum to find an appropiate tutorial for converting the file type you downloaed to Mpeg-4.
    You can also put DVDs onto your iPod touch but again you can't do it all through iTunes. You need a DVD decrypter and a Mpeg-4 converter. A very useful tutorial I use for DVD to iPod Touch can be found here.

As for you FM transmitter, I've had no problems with mine. Works fine as soon as it is tuned in. Maybe its just your one that is particulaly bad. Just search fror reviews on google.

Hope this was some help.
  4. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The Short and simple awsners

1. Yes you can put albums on, to get the artwork get an itunes account and highlight the tracks and right click press get album artwork. to put them on highlight the songs and drop them into your ipods music section

2. you can stream youtube videos to the ipod if you want them so you can show them off to your mates you need to go to this link

put the youtube video link in and hit convert then just download it and drag it on the your ipods video section

Also if you have videos under 100mb you can do it on this site too

Done!
  5. kopite 7

kopite 7 New Member

Thank You guys, that link to convert youtube is very helpful thank you. How do I put my own cd collection to the itouch?
  6. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Open iTunes, place a CD in, if necessary go to the CD's tab that will appear on the left pane, and when it asks if you want to copy the CD to your library say yes.

Then when it is done, sync your ipod.
  7. kopite 7

kopite 7 New Member

I didn't know it was that simple

Please Register or Log in to view images

I downloaded a few singles from a compilation album but it has given me the art cover of the bands rather than the compilation album. I want to listen to happy cheesy 80s music for work and new bands for home.
    Can I put all the cheesy songs in one folder rather than having 100s of different singles art covers for singe songs?
  8. VViper

VViper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes, just open iTunes and create a new playlist and drag the songs you want in that playlist into it. The songs will still be in the "Songs" list but if you want to just listen to cheesy music then you have one Playlist for that. Then just sync to you iPod and it will be there.