Can you manually Jailbreak 1.1.3?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by sickjester4, Feb 9, 2008.

1. sickjester4

sickjester4 New Member

If this sounds dumb, sorry ok.
    Is there a way to manually jailbreak an iPod Tocuh like vis WinSCP for example.
    I ask because I only have slow-ish 256kb/s internet and it takes hours, yes hours, to download the 1.1.3 jailbroken software via installer.
    My friend gave me a copy of the 1.1.3 ipsw restore file on a flash drive so I wanted to know if there was any chance that I could do it that way.
    I don't mind a bit of work, but any help would be great.
    Thanks.
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

plz try to search next time. here is the method i used, ive found it more reliable than the others. http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30562&highlight=simplest windows

all u do is download the program and run it on a jailbroken 1.1.2. just read the requirements, and then after they are met, run the program. now work is needed, its very easy. the files u download run it 4 u so gl with this
  3. sickjester4

sickjester4 New Member

Hmm, as it turns out this isn't what I was actually looking for.
    I'm looking for a way to jailbreak to 1.1.3 with out having to re download the 1.1.3 firmware.
    A way where I can simply specify where I have a saved copy of the 1.1.3 software and not have to download it again.
    The method above, is manual, I understand that but it still requires me to download the 1.1.3 firmware again which is what I'm trying to avoid because of my slow internet connection.
    I hope this makes it a bit clearer now.
    Thanks in advance for any help.