Can you jailbreak with a pc, then use your ipod with a mac?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Jimi.Heffernan, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Jimi.Heffernan

Jimi.Heffernan New Member

im tired of waiting for the mac version of the 1.1.4 jailbreak, and im tired of soft upgrades, but i do have a pc right next to me. So my question is, can i jailbreak with that and use it with my mac... i know i'd have to reformat it if i wantedto use it with the pc, but is it the same just to jailbreak it/would the jailbreaking survive the reformatting?

thanks,
    jimi

ps, does anyone else feel like all of our mac jailbreakers are playing with the sdk, and thats why innovation has stopped on the mac side and pc jailbreaking keeps getting easier? just a hypothesis
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    It works just fine, iPod Touch isn't like the other iPods that are formatted for either mac or pc. I use almost all macs at my house but used my xp laptop to jailbreak my 16gb and all was well when I went back to sync with the mac.
  3. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yup apparently its perfectly fine since the iPhone and iPod Touch run on the mini OSX operating system which is the main reason why we can't mount them like the other ipods.

There should be a post below somewhere that explains it better.