Can you jailbreak iTouch 4G 4.1??

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Addisonn, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Addisonn

Addisonn New Member

Or is that not out yet?
    I just want to jailbreak it so I can get some jailbroken apps!
    Thanks very much!! If I cannot jailbreak my iTouch is there anything else i can do?
  2. Jordy CDS

Jordy CDS Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes, you can make it ra1n on your iPod Touch 4 with limera1n or pois0n it with greenpois0n. Or if you have a Mac you can use PwnageTool to pwn the Apple locks out of it.
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Jailbroken apps like...? You can do tons of things on your iPod touch 4G without Jailbreak. I'm currently unjailbroken and lovin it. There hasn't been a thing that is out now in Jailbreak land to persuade me to jailbreak. If only it had hardware accelerated VLC or MPlayer with video out. That would push me over the edge.
  4. Addisonn

Addisonn New Member

Thanks Teslanaut,
    And jailbroken apps... i really dont know what im talking about lol xD
    But I did hear from someone about some install app... something about installing apps for free... I dunno.. but never mind if you say there hasn't been a thing to get in jailbreak land worth getting to jailbreak... screw it.. I'm going to stay unjailbroken.. plus i dont wanna risk messing up my iPod so sorry for this thread xD
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    IF you're going to jailbreak just for bold, don't even bother. That is not what it's about.
  6. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    If you do install the *special* app then your just giving the jb community a bad name as the rest of the pirates. Support dem devs. They waisted precious time that they could have been doing something else, creating apps that you will probably then install a cracked version.
  7. azjazzman94

azjazzman94 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You stole my sig!, just so i wont get banned, yes you can jailbreak i have the same ipod as you and i am pois0ned
  8. Bigray14719

Bigray14719 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    There are many legally free apps available in both the appstore and through cydia.

Cydia mods and customization utilites allow you to make your ipod truely unique.

However If you find something that you want that is a paid purchase. Then pay for it. Dont use a pirating program to get around it. That's not cool. And the majority of the jailbreaking community frowns on piracy, myself included.

Greenpoison will work great for your device.
    Check my sig for a tutorial.
  9. JoshH100

JoshH100 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well you can try and at the best you will have a tethered jailbreak (The limera1n bootrom exploit is thethred, but a userland exploit makes it untethered.) But it will most likely not work.
  10. Bigray14719

Bigray14719 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Limerain and greenpoison are both unthethered.
    As you stated, limerain uses comex's userland exploit to make it unthethered.
    Greenpoison is more stable and more reliable that limerain at his point.
    Limerain combo with redsnow now offers some goodies like bootlogos.
    However greenpoison is still more stable at this time.

If limerain fails he wont have a thethered jailbreak, He'll have "bricked" ipod which isnt really "bricked". He'll just have to DFU restore.