Can you get a school e-mail to work?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by UMDRunner, Sep 25, 2008.

1. UMDRunner

UMDRunner Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't have gmail, yahoo, aol, or. I want to use my university of Minnesota e-mail. I tried clicking other, but it didn't work? Is there a better way of going about it? Can I someone have my e-mail synced with a g-mail account or something? I just want an easy way to check e-mail on my ipod touch
  2. bkram1

bkram1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm not sure. Maybe you should see if you can forward the email directly to a Gmail account automatically, I know some emails can do this.
  3. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

Yep. This will probably be the easiest solution, and should work fine. Most e-mail accounts have the option to auto-forward e-mails.
  4. lukage

lukage New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You will have to ask your university what the incoming mail server is and the outgoing one.
  5. VoodooGroove

VoodooGroove New Member

I go to a small college in Montgomery, Alabama and I am able to use my school's email on my 2g touch. Most colleges use POP email. Just set up your settings for a POP account. Most schools incoming and outgoing Mail server host names are the same, usually mail.*yourschool'sname*.edu.

The only problem I run into is if I check my mail on my touch and delete an email message, the same message will still appear in my PC's inbox as an unread message when I check email using Mozilla Thunderbird or Microsoft Outlook.
  6. upsidedownsoup

upsidedownsoup Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah actually. i think you can.

My dad works for LSU (Louisiana State University), and i was trying to show him the features on my ipod, because he was thinking of getting mine and getting me a 2g. so i used microsoft exchange to set up his university email, and it worked like a charm.

plus if your university has like a super email system like ours does, then it WILL push contacts and calendars as well.

so yeah try it with microsoft exchange. you need a username and a password and host site.

good luck!