Can you disable the app management?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Voices, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Voices

Voices New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I jailbroke my iPod Touch 2g 3.1.1 and I have iTunes 9. I downloaded FiveIconDock by saurik, and I arranged 5 icons in my dock. But when I sync with iTunes, it returns to 4 icons(for more obvious reasons) but what I dont get is that when I rearrange icons using the iPod(not concerning the dock, just moving apps to different places & pages) and I sync, it goes to the arrangement shown in iTunes. Does this mean everytime I want to move an app I have to do it withing iTunes?
  2. MuckYu

MuckYu Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    mine works perfectly, i don't use the management of itunes

but if you want to, install sbsettings(cydia)
    slide your finger on the statusbar from left to right
    click power
    safe mode
    now you are running your ipod in safe (sort of default) mode

to rearrange your icons backup them (use Springback) before running in safemode
  3. The_Guitar_Hero

The_Guitar_Hero New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have the exact same problem. The only way I can getaround it is to not click on the apps section of your iPod in iTunes. Because once you click on it, it changes from "sync" to "apply changes". Whenever it says apply changes Just restart iTunes.

Now when you sync, app order should stay the same. You just have to manage your apps on your iPod.
  4. Voices

Voices New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah I just figured that. But what I do is I unplug the iPod then plug it in and it works the same.