Can You Damage your iPod Touch Internally after the Jalibreak?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by rhoff11, Oct 27, 2007.

1. rhoff11

rhoff11 New Member

I've jailbroken my iPod Touch a few times and then restored my my iPod a few. So I was wondering whether the iPod can be damaged or broken internally after the jailbreak process.
    My iPod is jailbroken now and I have all of the iPhone apps on it, i"m not sure whether it's safe to leave it jailbroken or not.
    Thanks
  2. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

I would say it's safe as if it was going to damage it, it would do so at the time of installation. Also none of the early jail breakers have had any problems. The time to watch out will be when apple upgrades it's firm ware (there were problems with broken iphones at that stage) ...so probably best not to upgrade firmware immediately...wait and see if any problems are reported.
  3. chitownballa19

chitownballa19 New Member

i dont think anything can really happen besides it bricking
  4. whitepod

whitepod New Member

wouldn't that be the worst thing that could happen??
  5. rhoff11

rhoff11 New Member

Thanks
    So ur saying that I should be fine but when Apple updates, i shouldnt connect my ipod. Thats going to suck.
    I've heard many people use the term brick or bricking, what exactly does that mean.
    Should i leave my iPod at a Jailbroken state?
  6. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

No, its not a question of not connecting your ipod, just don't update the software (you have a choice)...wait till others have tried updating.
    The term bricking refers to the ipod becoming like a brick and not being of any use.
    I've jailbroken my ipod and love all the extra features, so have no intention of undoing its state.
  7. rhoff11

rhoff11 New Member

I am just wondering whether or not to restore it now because ive seen posts that say that the new firmware will allow the Touch to do this stuff without jailbreaking it
  8. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    does jailbreaking it limit the capacity? I have a 16 gig on the way, and are all of my 15 formated (about) gigs usable after the jailbreak?
  9. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

Why don't you leave it as it is till the new firmware comes out and then if it does allow this anyway..you can un-jailbreak it at that stage.

...and in response to ipodtouch1234....I have a 16gb jailbroken ipod and all the gigs are still useable.
  10. rhoff11

rhoff11 New Member

I've just heard of so many cases where the ipod is fine and then it randomly screws up everything. I normally dont do these type of things and I really went out on a limb do jailbreak it. I just don't want to wake up one day and find my iPod screwed. I really like the iphone features and the other apps on it, but i didnt get the ipod as a gift. So if the ipod got messed up, i'd be throwing away $500.
    If someone can assure me that my ipod can definately not be messed up, then i will keep it jailbroken.