Can you consider this as a BRICKED ipod touch? pls. help...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dwitch, Apr 21, 2009.

1. dwitch

dwitch New Member

Ok, i know, it's impossible to brick an ipod touch coz you can always restore it back to it's factory state.

Well, this is my case, i have an Ipod Touch 2g 32gb with 2.2.1 firmware and i recently jailbroke it using quick freedom... initially it was running fine until i learn to SSH my ipod. And since i have NES on it, i tried to put a lot of ROMs on my ipod. Tried each and every game on it. Then suddenly i decided to reboot my touch and to my surprised it was stuck on the great apple logo. So i searched the net for the possible solution to revive it, i mean my touch is only 1 month old.

I tried the DFU method, rejailbreaking it, downloading firmwares again and again, reinstalling & updating itunes and other stuff possible, i also tried to restore it to other computer, tho' itunes always finishes the restoring process, and it always popping up that my ipod has recovered, my ipod is still stuck to the great apple logo with connect to itunes recovery mode.

So i decided to gave it back to the apple store and since, they cannot detect the problem aswell (i know, i lied when they ask me if i jailbreak it, and i said no... so sorry about that

Please Register or Log in to view images

), they decided to gave it back to their mother company.

Now these are my questions:

1. Did Jailbreaking REALLY brick my ipod touch or the NES Roms? or is it an internal problem.

2. Do the apple engineers will be able to detect if i jailbroke my touch even if it goes back to the original silver apple logo?

3. Do unfinished syncing can brought this problem?

i hope you can gave me answers, i mean, i love jailbroken ipod coz it's a way of expressing one's personality, but now, i'am quite scared to jailbreak my ipod again as it might end up like this again
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You did not brick it. You probably just didn't try hard enough to restore it.

They can tell but they probably won't as they'll just restore it for you.

Very possibly. Though Cydia should detect any issues and run in safe mode when you reboot.

Don't worry you can NEVER brick your iPod touch. But if you don't have the knowledge you may have trouble restoring it sometimes. All of the answers to all of your questions and jailbreaking problems have probably been answered on these forums umpteen times by the way.
  3. ralphbananas

ralphbananas New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    To answer the forum title... no.
  4. ipodfan256

ipodfan256 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Maybe if you can't restore though iTunes
    Try a terminal dfu program
    that what i had to do to get my iPod into DFU mode
    coz it wouldn't go into DFU Mode when i pressed the buttons
  5. dwitch

dwitch New Member

thanks a lot

BTW... what's terminal dfu program?

is it the same as the hold the power & home button, then after a few seconds, released the power & hold the home button for a few secs?

i really dont have probs. putting my touch into dfu mode or even restoring it. itunes even finishes restoring it but the problem was, even how many times we restore it, it's always stuck to the apple logo?

so what do you think was the problem? i'm asking this, coz i want to jailbreak my touch again when i get it but i'm afraid, i will have difficulty restoring it again
  6. Jam...

Jam... New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How long did you leave it on the apple logo because when mine wouldn't boot up i left it for a good 5 minutes and it eventually booted up and all was fine after that

and i also recommend jailbreaking with redsn0w 0.3 now because it for me was a faster boot time
  7. mnewmansnow

mnewmansnow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You were trying to restore to an official firmware right? Not the jailbroken firmware.
  8. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    I would not consider it bricked.

I was SSH'ing once, and i went to the bathroom and my friend thought it would be funny to delete everything (EVERYTHING YOU HAVE ACCESS TO IN SSH). I was able to get my ipod running perfectly again in a number of hours.

Why do so many people make pointless threads about something that is impossible?
  9. vtaran

vtaran New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    last i checked u can make it a real brick by f***ing with duel boots
  10. dwitch

dwitch New Member

i'am restoring it to the original firmware, i even downloaded it a few times and also leaving the touch for about an hour after the restore... but still it's not working. even the people on the apple store cannot restore my touch, that's why they decided to give it back to their mother store.

i'm quite sure, i did read all the threads related to booting up problems and done other peeps advices... but still can't get it to work... i dunno if it's because of an internal error or because of jailbreaking??