Can you connect your webcams?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by enki1015, Jan 28, 2010.

1. enki1015

enki1015 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No one has mentioned whether or not we can connect our webcams. The way I see it the IPad is a laptop replacement. I wasn't hyped about the phone capability since most laptops do not come with a camera except built in webcams.. So, with our laptops we usually have to purchase a webcam. Will this be an option with the IPad.. I do not want to give up my laptop if I can't purchase or use my webcam with the Ipad.. this was never mentioned yesterday.. Does anyone know??
  2. TDG

TDG Active Member

Most people don't consider the iPad as a laptop replacement due to its limited storage and the fact that it has a form of iPhoneOS. If you were to buy one, I'd suggest you keep your laptop as well. As for the webcam thing, no one knows if Apple will release an attachment for doing so or not. You are unable to connect a webcam directly to the iPad.
  3. wat.

wat. New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I'd expect a connector type deal from Apple. They've already shown a lot of little "extras" to go with the iPad - like the keyboard and memory card port. I could see them coming up with a camera.
  4. enki1015

enki1015 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I certainly hope so because that would be bad not to give customers the ability to use their webcams... everyone has gone to video chat rather than texting especially for those of us who have loved one's overseas.. I guess they didn't think of the millitary and their families the people who protect our country..
  5. BigBossMan

BigBossMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ya the ipad is far from a laptop replacement maybe if there were a CDRW/DVDRW super drive and usb drives and use mac osx instead of the iphone os then it would be just like a laptop
  6. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well i don't think iPad have enough power to run those things even they would eat battery in no time, iPad it probably don't have USB host in first place
  7. bunker1990

bunker1990 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There is the usb add-on for connecting a camera, I'm sure that eventually some genius will come up with a way to add a webcam on there.