Can we unlock iPT without pressing any button....?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by needachange, Oct 25, 2009.

1. needachange

needachange New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hi all, is there a way to unlock the iPod touch by just tapping on the screen instead of first pressing home or sleep/wake button to turn the screen on and then sliding the button to unlock?
    I normally keep it on my table while working on my pc/laptop and use it whenever i need during my work. BUT it is very annoying pressing a button and sliding that unlock thingy everytime for unlocking the screen. It should be like whenever i wanna use it, i just tap the screen and thats it.
    I know i may think bot setting the 'auto screen lock' option to 'Never' but thats gonna suck the battery dry.

"Finally, what I need is that screen truns off automatically after say 1 min and locks the iPT but turns back on and unlocks iPT whenever i tap it."

Any solution??
  2. Uchiha1911

Uchiha1911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Not possible, when the screen goes black it's locked. If you want to make your idea work you'd have to make a custom slider (which you can tap to unlock your iPod) and never lock your iPod, which indeed means it'll suck the battery dry.

Thing is, when the screen goes black --> the iPod gets locked --> Touch Screen is inactive.
  3. needachange

needachange New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Aint there a way to separate 'Screen lock' and 'iPod lock'? Any mod, any addon?
    I mean whenever we tap on screen, the screen should turn on showing lock slider and when we slide it, the iPod should get unlocked.
  4. kinglozzer

kinglozzer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No, because when the screen goes off, the touch thingy turns off as well. I'm sure it's possible, but it would lower battery life a lot, you'd be more likely to accidentally unlock it and it would probably take a long while to do.
  5. Sunrisemoon

Sunrisemoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wow, 2 seconds out my life are wasted every time I unlock my iPod...
  6. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well it'd be nice to know why you'd like that feature. For example if it was to change songs, PocketTouch by our own SkylarEC will work splendidly for you and not suck the battery dry.

Personally i always go into my options and set the auto-lock to never, it comes in handy when you want it to.

Also you could use a very battery efficient theme (say glaskart or a low opacity with a black wall/dock) to minimize battery usage.
    Or there are cydian packages that allow you to have a longer lockscreen (I think 20mins is the max) and customize that to be solid black with an invisible tap to unlock. Of course the backlight would still be on but I don't think that'd hit the battery too hard.
  7. hooger

hooger Banned

When i plug my ipod into my alarm clock, and press the off button, the screen on the ipod goes completely off, but you can just tap the screen and itll come back on. however it is charging so no battery sucking.
  8. needachange

needachange New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well iPod should be locked once the screen goes black, if iPod is gonna go in Ur pocket.......agreed but while it is lying on your office table, it shouldn't. Just the screen shud go black in order to save the battery. I already explained that I would like to go back to it to read mails, news, or for surfing whenever I get a lil time In ma office and pressing one button and sliding a thingy seems quite like an effort to me.
    That might just b my problem but still I need it.
    Well I hv got Nokia 5800.....in it's case, screen goes black after the specified time but the phone doesn't get locked. There is a separate physical button to lock it. This is the way I'm used to operating a gadget and that feat IMO shud be available in every touchscreen gadget. Anyway there will always b ppl who don't agree.
  9. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

The touch capabilities work because of a slight electrical field that detects touches. Similar, but not really, to those glass spheres that shoot lightning at your finger when you touch them.

When the screen is turned off, so is that field. This is in place to preserve battery life, among other reasons.

The short answer to your question is no. The longer answer is that a home or power button press can be simulated with MS, so it may be possible to do what you want.
  10. needachange

needachange New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Finally my problem is resolved. Screendimmer is the solution that may be purchased on cydia.
    Thanx to the developers!