Can we get a 4.0 customization tutorial stickied?

Discussion in 'Customization Requests' started by hoffster12, Aug 21, 2010.

1. hoffster12

hoffster12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I am constantly seeing the same questions about 4.0 theming over and over with crappy or no answers. Theres a million questions about how to theme the statusbar(+ its contents), battery, music player, folder backgrounds, multitasking bar and music player, icon shadows, and god knows what else.
    Im looking for a comprehensive list here because theming on 4.0 is so new. Theres threads dedicated to "working 4.0 themes" which dont work for sh*t.
    "SEARCH"ing doesnt help because its filled with unanswered threads and questions.

Ive used this site for years to theme, and it use to be easy and userfriendly because ppl with know-how answered questions, and listed tutorials on how to do things everyone was asking about. They didnt get pissed because ppl didnt "search" or just say dumb answers and insult people.

This site is going to sh*t, as far as the customization section is concerned.
    Im tired of seeing people have to bump their own questions in this section after two days of no answers. I see more disciplined posts from moderators than moderator answers.

Any1 wanna help everybody out? Don't tell me it's renamed. Tell me how.
    Something like this:
    https://spreadsheets0.google.com/lv?key=0AnOF-8CLhf8tdEEtNi1aVWR2bnlWbUdSQXNLd0lyRGc&f=0
    Oh, btw mods, thats from MacThemes, not iPTF, they have a thread stickied exactly like i want.
    do you?
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

This site is for general issues/help. Sure, you can post questions on theming, but that doesn't guarantee an answer. Plus, if MacThemes has a thread stickied, why do you care if the same thread is stickied here? You can easily just go to MacThemes and read the thread. And honestly, if you want help with themes, I recommend just going to MacThemes to ask for help. That site is mainly just for themes, so they would know a lot more than members of this site.
  3. hoffster12

hoffster12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I care because i've always used this site and i have always used this theme section for answers. Because this site has always given good answers and shouldnt stop now. Because i only want it to run smoother and for more people to get help, not criticized and told to search or given sh*t answers.

Should we delete this section and just post a macthemes link?
    Should we delete the offtopic forums and post a link to chatroulette?
    Should we delete the guides on jailbreaking and post a link to comex's twitter?

youve missed the point. the site needs to help people who use multi-touch devices, not link them elsewhere because they only provide general issue help
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that because this is a general help forum that you SHOULD go to MacThemes for theme-related help. I'm just saying that maybe you should open your mind to the fact that maybe no one here knows the answer and maybe members at MacThemes may know the answer since they are more focused on themes. Has that ever entered your mind? If you cannot accept that fact, then there is not much else I can do.
  5. hoffster12

hoffster12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Then ill say to you fine. But we use to know the answers, and now we don't. Hope the disease doesnt spread to every other section.
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

It's no one's fault really. Apple renamed/moved stuff around, and I'm sure most people aren't willing to look through every folder to find the name of the image and then try to find which folder it goes into for a Winterboard theme. If you really want to know the images/locations, I recommend downloading a full UI theme (like iFlat for iOS4) and see what each image is and where it is etc.