Can this run Crysis?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by ZunePod, Dec 27, 2008.

1. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    As the title suggests, I want a PC that can play Crysis. I've been pondering for ver of when to get a desktop for gaming, but I have a PS3 so my dad wouldn't let me. But now I think I can get one.

I've compiled some parts, I don't think I'm missing anything, If you know of a place that sells these parts cheaper then please post below:

[Need to do some work]

Another thing I ask is if you can tell me if all those parts are compatible.

I have the Monitor, the GPU can output HDMI cable right?

Thank you.
  2. Monkey Jam

Monkey Jam New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, it will run it, an Asus EEE box can run it!! just depends on if you want a playable frame rate, and at what resolution and settings, you should be able to run it fine on medium settings or higher (unless you have the new apple display or something else with a crazy amount of pixels). As for the OS, I'd go with home, as ultimate's features are not worth the money, in my opinion. just depends if you want to spend that bit extra!
    PS--your CPU and mobo aren't compatible the cpu is AM2, and the mobo is AM2+, I'd really go with a core 2, as they are dropping constantly thanks to i7, it will be much quicker and cheaper, even if it is a 'slower' clock speed (also the OC is much better!). Then, you also have the option of a proper OSx86 installation, which for me is a must!
    PPS--The graphics card doesn't have a brand, it could be less stable and warranty issues! hows about a xfx or bfg?
  3. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Okay thanks, I don't think Intel is a good idea, as i get more speed from AMD.

So I'll make the following changes:

GPU: XFX GeForce 9600 GT 512MB PCI-E

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-M57SLi-S4 Socket AM2 Motherboard

Are these changes appropriate?

I updated the OP with these changes too
  4. Monkey Jam

Monkey Jam New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    sure I can't tempt you to intel? i promise you will get a better gaming rig for less money!
    yeah, they should work. remember about a case and PSU two important parts, cooling and consistent power etc.. ever consider a radeon 4850? good bang for that kind of a price. pick up an issue of CustomPC www.custompc.co.uk it should help you on your way, they have good sections for their best rated components.
  5. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    HMMM, How though, Intel processors are always dearer.

I just noticed a flaw. I need micro-ATX rather than ATX
  6. touchhacker101

touchhacker101 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    it will run at about 20-25 FPS. I have the 9800 GTS and it tops out at only 40 FPS
  7. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It has to run higher than 24FPS or else they wouldnt be able to sell it. You can't have a GPU the outputs at a lower frequency than the human eye
  8. Monkey Jam

Monkey Jam New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    he means crysis. and as I said before, the speed may be slower, but since they are more efficient (in work and power, saving you money) they are quicker. they also overclock to beasts!
  9. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    So, Better GPU and Intel CPU then we're rockin'?
  10. touchhacker101

touchhacker101 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch