iPhone 3G can the iphone 3g be unlocked in any way?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by footballfan7469, Aug 31, 2008.

1. footballfan7469

footballfan7469 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    ok so dont yell at me if there is another post that answers this cause i couldnt find it so shut up, but any ways is there any way, like software, hardware, chip (turbo sim stuff) or anything that can unlock the iphone 3g?

I could not find any answer but i have tmobile and want the iphone 3g cause its cool and i have money so yea, like i dont think it can be software unlocked but can u get like turbo sim and put it over it and see if it works cause yea i wana no, but plz tell me if you have used that turbo stuff and if it worked for you
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

There's some unlocks that use cutting of SIM cards, SIM adapters, etc, but these will most likely get your number banned.
  3. Jesus69

Jesus69 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    this is going to sound stupid but i saw a hardware unlocker that does not invlove cutting the sim so check that out, it was on ebay, i believe i saw a post on iptf about it anyway...
  4. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

Well for now the only software unlock is T-Zones hack, but it is VERY unstable and will probably not work for more than a day
  5. JohnFa

JohnFa New Member

There is no evidence this gets your number banned. Where have you heard this?

A guy on a Swedish iPhone forum bought a 3G from eBay and he's using I-Smartphone and it's working for him. I'm gonna hold a bit and follow his progress to see that it doesn't cut out in a week or two.
  6. elzzigB

elzzigB Banned

That's dumb. One, your number can't get "banned" or "blacklisted". Two, if you unlock, whos going to "ban" your number? You unlock to get away from AT&T.