Can someone provide some details on installing apps w/o a license

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by veeloc, Apr 18, 2009.

1. veeloc

veeloc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I'm not an official developer (yet) but I would like to test an app out on my iPod, I've searched for threads here and on google, but I can't seem to find the right thing.

Can someone provide some more details on how to get it on my iPod?
    I know that you have to change some settings here and there and something about a .plist and then ssh the app into your iPod or something, but I don't know the full thing.

EDIT: Actually just explaining these instructions would be helpful: http://thebigboss.org/hosting-repository/submit-your-app/compile-for-cydia-submission/
  2. dudeitsriley

dudeitsriley Banned

You need [redacted] don't you?
  3. oioioi

oioioi New Member

http://www.246tnt.com/iPhone/ If you have a mac scroll down half way on the page to "Using XCode with Pwned iPhone"
    This blog also got something, just look through the older posts: http://iphonesdkdev.blogspot.com/

In your xCode project you need to add these two line at the end of the info.plist:
    Code:
    <key>SignerIdentity</key>
    	<string>Apple iPhone OS Application Signing</string>

Just mess around with it and it will eventually work, I had to create the certificate(for the 246tnt site) several times before it worked. Hope this helps
  4. veeloc

veeloc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ok, actually im trying now to get it in cydia. and bigboss's instructions arnt so clear....
  5. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Can't you just SSH it in?

Google that if you don't know.
  6. veeloc

veeloc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i know how to ssh.

ok i read some stuff on cydia, and it says i need to compile it with "their" compiler.

it also says i need the binary version, how do i get the binary and the .app to ssh in.

whenever i click build, then i look at the folder "targets" and theres myapp.app in red (not there)

so how do i compile it for cydia, and how do i get the .app?
  7. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

All you have to do

1) Build for the device.
    2) Use Xcode to codesign the app
    3) Manually transfer the app to your device.

If you want to ldid, then remove the code signing and ldid it after putting it on your device.

There are NO extra steps required. There is no patching required. I have no clue why you all are making things so much more complicated than they are.

I know this will work for a fact because this is what I do with all my jailbroken apps. I build them in Xcode and transfer them myself to test before releasing. Although, to be fair, just buy the dev license. There's no reason not to have it.
  8. veeloc

veeloc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ok but when trying to build on device, i plug my ipod in, set it for Device - 2.0 | Release (or debug) and then i click build and go, and i get the errors attached.

o and i am going to buy a dev license, i just first have to make a couple of appstore apps first, then ill buy the license and submit whatever i make.

im actually trying to prepare it for cydia.

Attached Files:

9. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

So... I don't see what the problem it. Simply tell Xcode to not Codesign your app when it builds it. When it's done, put it onto your phone via SSH and run ldid -S /your/binary.

Also, and this doesn't matter really, but you don't have to plug your phone in to build for the device. Only do that if you want to "Build & Go."
  10. veeloc

veeloc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ok. well, how do i tell xcode not to codesign my app? That was a problem i was having too.