Can someone please make an alarm app?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Furniss12, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Furniss12

Furniss12 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Can someone please make an alarm app so you can set your music collection for your alarm, why the hell hasnt the ipod touch got this, the ipod classic i hads ages ago even had it, but now i have to put up with some terrible sounds.

Would it be a hard application to make or something?
  2. moto617

moto617 New Member

You only have to listen to it beep for a few seconds. The current alarm is just fine in my opinion. I would rather have music playing, but i would not waste a whole lot of time making an app to do that. (not that i can make apps anyway)
  3. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    The speaker in it CAN NOT play music, its called a plezo clicker (Or something like that) and can only make buzzes and clicks...
  4. Jordan

Jordan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    dude u'v asked this like a bajillion times.
  5. emanuelme

emanuelme New Member

Theres another thread about this. I am as adamantly for this feature as you are and cannot understand how people are satisfied with the current ipod alarm considering every other ipod allowed a playlist as an alarm. Anyhow, someone is supposed to be trying to create it this Tuesday and he will update us shortly after.
  6. Slashman X

Slashman X New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Do you sleep with your earphones in?
  7. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Can't the iHome do this?
  8. emanuelme

emanuelme New Member

Did you really ask that seriously or are you trying to mock all those that want this app? I've never slept with headphones in but I did spend a bunch of money on a great Bose and Logitech speaker system that dont have an alarm function. So guess what? I cant wake up to music unless I convert an mp3 to an aiff, and ssh it into the ipod and mess with the .plist and take up 50mb for a song that in mp3 format was only 2.6mb.... So if you were asking seriously and you thought people would sleep with the headphones in... I doubt it. Although I can imagine a scenario where someone naps and wants the ipod to wake them up in 30 minutes with headphones on... If you were asking sarcastically, I strongly encourage you think about what you write and why....
  9. Slashman X

Slashman X New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I was being serious

Please Register or Log in to view images

I know I sometimes sleep with my earphones in (waking up with extremely sore eardrums) and I thought it'd be easier to make an "automated volume maker-bigger-er at certain times"

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. SoFreshSoSmooth

SoFreshSoSmooth New Member

The iPod speaker can't do that...