Can someone please help!!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by tmstacey, Jan 8, 2009.

1. tmstacey

tmstacey New Member

Hello everyone,

I just got an 8GB ipod touch. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get it to work with my computer. I've tried every suggestion I could find, but nothing seems to work. I'm running Win XP pro. The apple mobile support driver is installed and recognizes it as an ipod, but thats about it. It'll charge the battery. It does attempt to open itunes. But, the ipod driver isn't actually loaded (in device manager).

I haven't been able to get itunes to open either. The earlier 7.0 version is ok, but the touch doesn't work with it, of course. 7.7 or higher will simply attempt to run. It is in the task manager. What is it about the newer itunes versions that makes them not open???

I know my ipod is working ok, because I've been able to use it on other computers. Seems like there's something missing from my comp. Does anyone have a fix or some suggestions to rectify this problem?? Thanks.

tmstacey
  2. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    welcome to iPod touch Fans! i'd say try completely removing everything itunes-related on your computer. then install a fresh itunes 8.0 from here. hope this helps! if not, reply back with more info. we all try to help everyone
  3. macfanboy

macfanboy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yea...ur best solution is to install 8.0, if it dont work report baq and somebody ought to help you