Can someone please explain what the hell this means!! (SSH Help)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by m3ntoz, Mar 2, 2009.

1. m3ntoz

m3ntoz New Member

Okay, so I keep getting this error everytime I try to SSH into my iPod Touch 2G and I'm sick and tired of seeing "Server unexpectedly closed network connection"

(This is what happens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQaGVVzT3Zc)

So I went on winscp.net and saw the error message solutions. Only problem is I don't understand what the hell it means! It says:

If you get this error message while logging into your server, it is most usually caused by the server not being able to run some process necessary to support your session. Possibilities are:

•Shell.
    ◦Your account may not be allowed to start a shell at all. With some servers (like OpenSSH or Sun SSH), you may need to be allowed to start a shell, even if using SFTP protocol.
    ◦Also some servers refuse to start a shell if your password has expired or your account was terminated.
    ◦Some shells do not work with non-interactive sessions. The same it true for some configurations (or profiles used) for otherwise working shells. This commonly exhibits with SCP protocol with associated error message "Error skipping startup message. Your shell is probably incompatible with the application (BASH is recommended)." Try to force bash shell explicitly on SCP/Shell tab of Login dialog. Using SFTP protocol instead of SCP is another option.
    •SFTP server. Your account may not be able to start SFTP server binary (e.g. /bin/sftp-server) or the binary is not present on your server. Your SSH server may also lack the SFTP subsystem.
    Check log file of your server to see an actual reason, it closed connection for.

So can you guys help please!
  2. ZeRoNiXx

ZeRoNiXx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm guessing you have Open SSH installed, try reinstalling it. it seems like openSSH won't play nicely with WinSCP
  3. m3ntoz

m3ntoz New Member

I reinstalled it and still nothing. I have a feeling the big man up there doesnt want me doing this.
  4. costermer

costermer New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ha yea the big man mite not want u to do it. Somethings just happen for a reason.
  5. ZeRoNiXx

ZeRoNiXx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    do you have the right IP for your iPod and are you logging on to it as "root" with the password "alpine"?
  6. m3ntoz

m3ntoz New Member

Yes I do, and yes I did. I told you I did EVERYTHING that EVERYONE has said.. lol.