Can someone please explain the new RuneScape to me!

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by mclaurin10, Jun 20, 2008.

1. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I don't understand the Grand Exchange and the new prices and things, can someone give me an in-depth explanation, I haven't played in like a year.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4

Hello, firstly you need to understand why jagex made these updates. I'm sure during your time of playing runescape you must have seen the lvl 3's sitting at yew trees cutting all day running of autoer programs. These bots were then selling the yews and getting the money. Then they were selling there in game money for real life money. Jagex needed to stop this.

So they needed a way to stop the autoers from transferring Money from 1 account to another. Hence the following updates.

The removal of P-King : apparently this was a major way of autoers to trade there money without being caught. Jagex made it so that the wildy is now just like any other part of runescape and replaced pkers with monsters called Reverants. These are monsters they can entangle, ice barrage, tele block ECT however they are no good replacement for pkers as the don't attack you much and because if this running the abyss to make runes is much easier.

Next jagex needed to stop people trading the money. T combat this jagex introduced the balanced trade. This Kent that all trades had to be worth the same in money so for example if a yew long was worth 600gp and I put up 40k cash, I wouldn't be able to make he trade a there would be adifferencr of 39k. Initialy the trade limit is 3k but this increases as you go out in quest points, this goes up to 30k. This prevented real works traders from trading money over to another accounts.

After this update trading was hard to do so jagex created the grand exchange , this is basicly a large place when you can go and put your item onto the market say for exaple I want to sell a dragon chain, I'll right click on the man at the grand exchange select the option to sell and it will put it on the grand exchange you then wait a bit for it to sell as it relys on someone else putting in an offer to buy a dragon chain. It is all Done randomly zo some things take longer to sell than others.

I hope this cleared it up a bit.
  3. qaz333

qaz333 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    runescape? whoa its been a while
  4. TheAsianJedi

TheAsianJedi Banned

i think the grand exchange is like ebay
  5. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I will check it out to see what they changed!
  6. jhloa2

jhloa2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I quit "sovietscape" when they made it gay! They took away the free market!!! So what if I screwed over a couple hundred people with the best scam ever

Please Register or Log in to view images

it was only about 200 mill!!!
  7. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Runescape is pitiful. It's basically WoW for poor people.