Can someone help me with nike+

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gcds, Nov 24, 2008.

1. gcds

gcds New Member

Hey guys, i dont have ipod touch 2nd

Please Register or Log in to view images

D but if someone have jailbroken please if you can write port name of nike+ serial or just make in terminal ls -l /dev and post output here and zip nike+ application directory. and post here

Best regards
    gcds

2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

The 2nd generation iPod touch has not yet been jailbroken. I'm not sure what you are looking for, but rest assured that you won't find it here if it involves zipping and sending you Apple's intellectual property. That would be a violation of copyright and piracy laws and is not allowed here.

If you're just trying to establish a connection to the iPod programatically, and want Nike+ as an example, then the only thing you need to look at is the IPod Accessory Protocol, or IAP. Create an IAP connection, and you are golden. That's how PocketTouch works.

If you're looking into speech synthesis, then you want the Victoria framework. That does not exist on devices that aren't the 2nd generation iPod.

If you're trying to mess with the bluetooth, the 1st gen iPod doesn't have it.

If you're trying to mess with the fm tuner, then look into the same framework as your IAP connection info. All that is contained in there.
  3. gcds

gcds New Member

nike+ adapter communicate thought serial connection if i make link from default serial in iphone to name of nike+ in ipod 2nd i can just move some frameworks and all other to iphone and it should work

4. SkylarEC

Yes. There is plenty of info on accessing the device via the serial port. Once you have that, then set up an IAP connection using PrivateFrameworks/IAP.framework. Once you establish the Ipod Acessory Protocol connection, the device is yours with which to do what you want.

EDIT: Also, you are not clear. Moving frameworks? You can not move a framework because all frameworks have their exact location hardwired into them at the time of compile.

EDIT II: I know what you're trying to do. you're trying to get Nike+ to work on the iPhone. Alright, it's not quite that simple. You need to make sure the hardware is entirely compatible, which is easy enough. Then, you'll need to edit Preferences.app/iPhone-Settings.plist to remove the requisite for the Victoria settings to show up in the menu list. Victoria settings show up under the name on "Nike + iPod," so it should be easy to fine. Then there's the hard part. You actually have to get the Victoria framework onto the iPhone. To do that, you'll need to figure out how to jailbreak the 2nd generation iPod touch. Once it's jailbroken though, it will be very simple to copy the framework over.
  5. gcds

gcds New Member

6. JAD

JAD New Member

Can you make it give me radio??

Why can't Apple just put radio on there?

7. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  8. SkylarEC

9. andars05

andars05 New Member

I know I'm topping an old thread, but I figured it's better than making a new topic. The iPod Touch 2G as we all know is now jailbroken. Has any progress been made in getting Nike+ to work with the iPhone?