Can someone help me out...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by f1n3, Oct 9, 2007.

1. f1n3

f1n3 New Member

Can someone explain this whole Jailbreak thing and how it works and how we would put it onto our ipots and what we are able to do once we have it on.

Thanks!
  2. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

It's been explained mulitple times on multiple threads, I'll skim over it again.

1. To jailbreak is to break Apple's security measures, giving the user control over the operating system.

2. We don't know how to put it on until it's been designed, and it's not at that 'end user' stage yet.

3. It allows users to install their own applications, games, organiser software, email apps etc.

It *is* worth reading all the other threads for your own better understanding of the iPod Touch and the possibile uses of it.
  3. michaelchan0427

michaelchan0427 New Member

I am not trying to be mean here, but why don't you google for it before asking questions? There are plenty of sites talking about jailbreak.
  4. lifeinacoustic

lifeinacoustic New Member

By all means, we must understand that others out there aren't as tech-savy as others (even though a lot of it is common sense), and most see this forum as a way to bounce any questions they may have...I think the wiki part of the forum needs to be alittle more extensive with its definitions. Just from today alone I'm seeing tons of negative posts about "reposts" of the same topic.
  5. dmorgan81

dmorgan81 New Member

From what I've read the jailbreak can happen by exploiting a TIFF File in the Safari web browser. This is for version 1.1.1. It's not officially released to the public yet, but should be available in a day or two.
  6. entmike

entmike New Member

[citation needed]
  7. itouch101

itouch101 New Member

haha lol... i just hope its available soon.. id say by the end of the month ATLEAST..