Can someone help me out with the location of the audios and videos?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by zillionliger, Apr 24, 2009.

1. zillionliger

zillionliger New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, while I was playing around with my iTouch and tried to backup the whole /private/var/, I found that musics and videos synced from iTunes are saved in /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music/F**. I wanted to put music and video files into my original player without the need to pass iTunes, I wanted to know how to put them right. Since they are organized in a way that seems having no pattern(like F00-F27 are empty and then there is one video in F28 with the name WLAP.mp4), I wondered if one of you will figure out how this is organized. I don't know how the names of the files are sorted, but they are like (4 capital words).* so don't ask me how they are named.

I'm sorry if my english is unpolite or my grammar is wrong; I am a South Korean.
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

actually, you're in the correct directory. the only thing why they show F## is because when iTunes syncs the media to the iPod, it encrypts them in a way that the iPod Touch can read it. Therefore, it would be really difficult knowing which song is which. same with movies, except they end in .m4v.
  3. whcodered

whcodered Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    These files are read by the mobile music player through an encrypted database. This was easy on 1.x firmwares, but the encryption changed for 2.x. I believe now there are programs that can decrypt the database and let you add/edit songs, but I don't have much information there.