Can someone help me. If you do.....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 209chromatic, Aug 6, 2009.

1. 209chromatic

209chromatic Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have had lots of questions here in "iPodtouchfans" it seamed the first time I found the website people anwered my questions (this was back in February). I have tried to find more websites like "ipodtouchfans" that have people on every single time,but I have not had any luck. That is why I am making this thread to see if someone out their actually is nice enough to answer my questions. As a matter of fact who ever posts a reasonable answer to what is wrong with my iPhone, will recive a iPod touch 2g case or iPhone 3g case. I hope this will bring more answers from people to try and help. Me. (Mods if I can't do this let me know so I can edit the thread) PLEASE DONT just LOCK IT
    So all this happen yesterday at about 5 pm I got hooked Playing Geodefense until the battery was drain from my iPhone. I connected it and turned it back on and left it sitting their. I went back and checked my email and noticed it was warm from the back. I had also heard multiple sound that go on when you connect you iPhone to charge. I tought to myself it might be the USB cable (it is 2years old) so I pulled the cord from my iPhone that I had never used. But it still made the multiple beaping sounds. It would sometimes have the sign that you see when the iPhone is done charging,but had the % sign with only 5%. So I just left it their till night time when I turned it back on and used it at the same time. I could not belive how hot it was from the back. I was like this sh*t is genna blow up I. So I just turned it of and took of the USB cord and left it of for a whole night. Next day same thing. I did a restore and same thing.Today is when I noticed the rest of the symptoms
    Symptoms
    -Dimming brightness when being charged.(fixed)
    -Charge takes longer (stays at a % for longer time)
    -Sometimes when I connect it to charge I hear the sound more than once (the sound when you connect it to charge. Also vibrates when it's on silent. )(fixed)
    -Gets warm on the back when it's turned on even more warmer when it's charging and being used at the same time.(kind of fixed)
    -Runs slower
    -the speaker on the bottom looks like it has deacresd volume (when I press really hard on the bottom sides with fingers i can hear it more. )(fixed)
    What i have tried:
    Complete restore.
    Reboot,respring ,power off back on.
    Let it. Cool down for a whole night.
    NOTE
    The iPhones battery still takes in power when being charged.
  2. jmcohen23

jmcohen23 Member

this is clearly a battery issue. I experience a similar occurance with my cell phone. the trick that worked was to (while the phone is unplugged, but on) open the cell phone and remove the battery for a few minutes. then replace the battery and turn the phone on.

then try charging the phone again.

I think what was going was the phone was continually trying to connect to the wifi or internet or network, or some other wireless connection, and it got the battery stuck in the cycle.

I don't have an iphone, so i don't how easy it is to remove the battery, but see if this works.

another place to ask questions is on Apple's forums website, but folks there are pretty slack as well.

hope this helps.
  3. 209chromatic

209chromatic Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    thanks
    jmcohen23 pm me if you want the ipod touch case
  4. PieOPah

PieOPah Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  5. ben

ben Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The iPhone's battery is not user-replaceable/removable.

That article is for the 3G and the 3G. The OP has a 1st gen iPhone. I doubt upgrading to 3.1 would do much.

209chromatic, if I were you, I'd take it to an Apple store or call them at 1-800-MY-APPLE and ask them about it. Your warranty has probably expired by now. It might be time to upgrade.
  6. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    DFU Restore should stop a lot of the problems.
    Not just a regular restore.

The iPhone is known to get very hot while charging, and warm while using, so relax about the heating problem.

If the heat really bothers you, get a USB to Wall adapter so you can charge it on your wall. Wall charging will keep the heat down and charge it faster. Or just get an iPhone wall charger.
  7. 209chromatic

209chromatic Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    thanks guys...i heard that push notification caused it..so i turned Push notification off and power it off...But the iphone still got really warm from the back..I decided to delete the app that has Push notification and turned the iphone off and back on.The iphone did not get warm no more.only when using youtube or apps it get a little warm but not as much as the first night this happened.Charging still takes along time and battery gets drained faster(dont really care about fast drain battery)