Can someone explain me about all these ipods?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dinges123, Jan 1, 2010.

1. dinges123

dinges123 New Member

Hey guys.
    I want to buy an ipod touch but before i buy one i want to know everything about it.
    I don't understand it anymore first i tough like ok there is a 8gb and a 32 gb and a 64gb.
    But now i see theres a second generation and a third generation and stuff.
    So i see that theres an ipod touch 8gb for 170Euro.
    Then is it a third generation or a second generation?
    And what generation is more expensive.
    And whats the difference between 2nd and 3rd generation?
    And i have windows 7 will the connection also work with computer to ipod?
    I just need an ipod for watching movies and listening music and playing games.

Now about the software and installing games and other stuff.
    I heard something about a store with ipod games.
    How about that?
    And firmware and all that stuff really i don't understand anything about this anymore.
    Can someone please explain this to me?
    Thanks.
  2. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

If you buy your iPod in a store, it's going to be a 3rd generation, unless otherly marked.

For what generation is more expensive, 3rd generation iPods that are new will be the most expensive. You should look for used iPod Touches if you want a deal.

The store that has all the games is the iTunes store. You can access it directly from the ipod if you have wifi available.

You don't have to worry about firmware. If you sync your ipod with iTunes and it tells you to update your firmware, just do it.

Any more questions?
  3. dinges123

dinges123 New Member

4. Homo_Novus

Homo_Novus New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yep, that should work on any iPod/iPhone. :] Unfortunately, in order to buy apps from iTunes, your ONLY option is billing. Personally, I think they should allow Paypal or something like that as an alternative, but as of now you absolutely must provide your billing address for apps. However, for music and videos and such, you can use an iTunes gift card (which are sold pretty much anywhere). Apple may enable apps to be purchased with gift cards in the future, but for now... well, our options are very limited. Hope I helped! If you have any questions, feel free to message me.

Good luck!
  5. sandyballs

sandyballs New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

The ipod touch 8GB is not 3rd Generation since it doesn't come with a faster processor or mic, I think it just comes with a firmware update