Can someone explain how to use Payload files?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by abacus01, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abacus01

abacus01 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I notice that there are apps that are packaged in what directories called payload. Can someone please explain how to use payload files or directories..thanks
  2. Dloader Girl

Dloader Girl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think this is part of 'that which we do not mention' but hey, help is help =)

You open up the payload files and you either have a .app or a .ipa file in there (I'm not quite sure which)

If in the case, its a .ipa file and you've got a patched mobileinstallation file, all you have to do is double click it and iTunes will recognise it as an app and you can sync it to your iPod no problem.

If its a .app file, you have to SSH into your iPod and manually put the app into the Applications folder.

Hope this helped.
  3. abacus01

abacus01 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    okay that helps...one more question. It seems there is a *.app which looks like a folder. I created after jailbreaking a document folder in my applications folder. Do I just drag the *.app folder and plop it under the applications and how does this affect itunes in the future syncing?
  4. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

this looks like talkin about cracked app store apps tut tut we're not allowed on here
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.