Can someone explain exactly what you do in Myst...

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by jcp42877, May 11, 2009.

1. jcp42877

jcp42877 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This game looks interesting, and has some really good graphics. But what is the sole purpose. The itunes description leaves you hanging on what you actually do, basically expecting every buyer is a Myst fan already and knows whats going on, and leaves everyone else out to dry
  2. eldavo

eldavo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Dont buy it then.
    This is myst.
    Its basicly images. there is no free roam, its just pictures, with puzzles. You click where you want to go, and it goes to the image for that location, but its like 5 steps forward each step. It is just puzzles, you proably wont like if you haven't played it before.

I wasted 7.99 dollars.

If you want, try Myst for the PC (not realMyst, that has free roam)
  3. jcp42877

jcp42877 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well i mean, I'm not opposed to new, different games. I just wanted to know what you did in it. The images look pretty chill, and the game looks as if it has a mellow soundtrack, am i right?
  4. gekko

gekko New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Considering the fact that Myst completely changed the world of video gaming, it's amazing that anyone would describe the game as "just pictures, with puzzles."

It is a point-and-click adventure game. The soundtrack is beautiful; the artwork is stunning. You move through the worlds--and there are more than one--by taking steps. With each step, the picture changes as you move in that direction. It has the effect of a slideshow, rather than fast, fluid movement.

As you move through the worlds (or "ages" as they are called) you begin to unravel the mysteries and complex story that is "Myst." There are many puzzles you need to solve along the way in order to progress through the game. It is a slow-paced game, and requires a lot of thought. It won't appeal to everyone, but as a true classic it's nice that it has been ported to the iPhone.
  5. Aurongel

Aurongel Banned

That blimp still haunts my dreams... goddamn steampunk fiction
  6. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    It is amazing Myst is back!
    I discovered Myst just as it seemed to be over. The forum was inactive.
    I looked at probably everything on the island.
    I bought books.
    I couldn't get the CD's to run on my new computer.
    I bought an old computer.
    ...and now Myst is on my coolest "computer" ever, my Touch.
    Amazing.
    I wish the story wasn't so much a dark-theme. But I love navigating the Myst world.
  7. KingsGambit

KingsGambit New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    its about clicking pictures and doing various puzzles.....