iOS 3.1 Can somebody with a mac...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by SuzukiGS750EZ, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    download the latest version of pwnage and create a CFW and then upload it onto something for the 2g users so anybody who wants to JB can? Or is that not how it works?
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That will work, however the rules state that users can't post links to custom firmwares or paid firmware updates
  3. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    We aren't allowed to.

3.1.1 and 3.0 are paid updates. Sorry.
  4. LuffyZoro

LuffyZoro New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    They could, but they wouldn't be allowed to post it on this forum, or even give a link.
  5. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I really don't understand this specific rule, because the custom 3.1ipsw wont work for you unless you are already on firmware 3.0 (pwned), so this means you already purchased the firmware, and if you didn't, well the custom ipsw its not use for you WONT WORK because you need to be on on firmware 3.0 pwned

SO i just want to make clear that if you are on 3.0, firmware 3.1 comes out as a free update for ipod touch users

So to All THE MODS please explain to all the windows user that were left behind by the pwnge tool, why can we post links with customs ipsw knowing that is a free update, to help our fellow windows users

also i would like to add the fact that i seen alot of iphone firmware links downloads being posted here

agin custom ipsw 3.1 its not worth anything unless you are already on firmware 3.0 which mean you already purchased it

or is this a new rule?
  6. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

No body but Apple is allowed to copy and redistribute any Apple software. Period. That's kind of the entire point of copyright law. The price or cost of something has absolutely nothing with whether or not something is illegal to distribute.

If anyone does post a custom firmware on this forum, they get banned immediately. We can not tolerate that.

Also, point me to links to download the firmwares. I will personally delete the links and permanently ban the users who posted them.
  7. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    alright thank you for the quick reply!

i see we are not allowed to post links to customs ipsw, but yes for official iphone firmwares

I got it
  8. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

No. We are not allowed to post any firmware, custom or stock, as they all contain copy written Apple software.
  9. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well anyways, i'm running jailbroken 3.0 right now. I have 3.1.1 sitting in itunes ready to update but i'm waiting for CFW or redsn0w to come out. I was just wondering if somebody could post it up for windows users but i guess not. is there a plan to come out with windows jb for ipod touch 2g? Why are macs the only ones getting the updates so far lol.
  10. EdmundGerber

EdmundGerber New Member

Seriously?

I was warned over pointing out this link in the past, until I proved I actually found it on this site (the link). The warning was rescinded, and I fully expected that post to disappear. Just checked - it hasn't.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1002382&postcount=9

But I doubt a ban will happen - you ll have to eat one of your own.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.