Can somebody just please answer me?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lilsleepy59, Feb 4, 2009.

1. lilsleepy59

lilsleepy59 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I really want to jailbreak my ipod touch 2g. but I was wondering if making a backup on itunes on my ipod touch will save the imafia settings?
    or will my imafia account be gone forever? i already lost my last account by switching my defective ipod for a new one at apple.
  2. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    depends how the 2G JB works? ( i have no idea) if it just an upgrade "us such" then you will be ok but if you need to load your device with new firmware, such as restoring then u will lose your settings
  3. El_g0rillo

El_g0rillo New Member

It depends on how imafia saves its information. When I jailbroke my ipod, my iMob account was kept intact but pretty much everything else I had saved was gone.
  4. robertj2

robertj2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i do not believe that you will be able to keep things like that with the current way of jb-ing the 2g's. shouldnt something like that be backed online as an account though??
  5. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    just back-up and you should be fine. When you restore your ipod it should ask you which option you want, either Set up as new ipod or restore from a back up. Choose the second one, you will have to restart though so have a boot helper ready
  6. ice_cold_irony

ice_cold_irony New Member

I think iMafia is server based linked to your MAC address. I downloaded and played it for a while and didn't actually sync with my computer before doing the JB. So, after the JB I of course no longer had the app, so I had to re-dl it. Did so and it asked me to put in or suggest a username, I put in the one I used and it went fine.
    The MAC address would explain why a new device would not be compatible with a set up name and it would also explain why there are no passwords needed for log in.
  7. Imitation

Imitation New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    To my knowledge, the personal MAC address is private

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. holbikwolff10

holbikwolff10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Use QuickPwn, and if all goes well, you'll be fine. But there could be an error causing you to have to restore, so just wait a little while until QuickPwn is updated to be less buggy... but even then you maybe shouldn't risk it.
  9. ice_cold_irony

ice_cold_irony New Member

Well it's something, I guess IP makes more sense actually, but with it being a mobile device etc.
    Whatever, all I know is that there's no password and it knows it's you somehow.