can somebody help me edit this file on the top screen of springboard?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by dragnandy, Nov 29, 2008.

1. dragnandy

dragnandy New Member

this winterboard theme, starynight, has the top bar edited with the time and date.

Please Register or Log in to view images

and i want it to look like this, without the the redundant time on the top status bar, which is from the istorm theme.

can somebody tell me how to edit the file that makes it look like that?
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

In the WinterBoard theme, look for an info.plist file. If there's one there, you need to change the clock font's color to be transparent:

Code:
    	<key>TimeStyle</key>
    	<string>/*font-family: monospace;*/ font-size: 16px; color: transparent</string>

This string is the one you need to add to the Info.plist file to make the clock transparent. Make sure you include this info.plist in the theme folder.
  3. dragnandy

dragnandy New Member

wow, summerboard/winterboard has come so far.

thanks, it worked!

oh one more thing, on the lock screen where it usually says 'slide to unlock' i replaced some files so i can just tap to unlock but some of the words are still showing up on the side, kind of annoying. is there a way to just take out the words completely?

4. Jarlath

See the "Remove 'Slide to Unlock' text in Winterboard?" thread that Danls92 posted in the Tutorials forum - there's a 'no slider message' theme in the first page that'll fix that. You can either add the theme as-is, or import the En.lproj folder into your current com.apple.springboard folder.
  5. dragnandy

dragnandy New Member

hey thanks, i used the theme one and it works. man, winterboard rocks compared to summerboard in the 1.x.x firmwares.
  6. Jarlath

It's very basic in interface, but it's easy to use and about as easy as it was to theme for as SummerBoard - as long as you know the icon name on the SpringBoard, it'll substitute it without issue as long as you name the icon right. Beyond that, just insert the right folder and file name and it'll replace those files without touching the actual /Frameworks/UIKit.library or anything else.. which means when you turn the theme off, everything goes back to normal without having to reapply the 'original' theme.
  7. dragnandy

dragnandy New Member

for my previous post with the unlock screen, i had the top part with the time have no shaded bar. but now i dont. can you tell me how to get that transparent like i did? i forgot how i did it before and i searched my themes folder but i didnt find it. =X sorry!
  8. Jarlath

It's the theme you were using - that theme had a transparent status bar (either FSO_BG or Default_BG - the latter for the 'white' bar you see in an application). You have to use that theme, or create a new one with a transparent status bar.
  9. dragnandy

dragnandy New Member

well for some odd reason i cant find it. can i just get a transparent icon and label it FSO_BG and put it in a themes folder and label it something like 'transparent clock bar' on winterboard? if so, what folders do i make? like it goes in var<stash<theme<timerbar<ect.?
  10. Jarlath

Yeah, that's how you can create a transparent top bar theme. The files go into /ThemeName/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/FSO_BG (for the home screen) and Default_BG (for the top bar in an app). Just copy those files from the theme that had the transparent top bar and you're good.