can some1 help me?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bklynsoulja, Dec 9, 2007.

1. bklynsoulja

bklynsoulja New Member

hey guys, i did the 3rd party application limit hack and now i need even more space cuz when u do that hack you can only go to 300 mb but now i need help to get more space...how would i do that? can some1 help me out and tell me what commands to put in to get even more space? thanks
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

That means you did not do the "hack" correctly. By moving your Applications to var, you are putting them onto the partition that holds music/movies--the large hard drive. As solid proof, itunes says that I have 392.7MB of "Other."

Find out whatever you did when you tried to move your Applications folder. And reverse that so that things are as stock. Then type this into your SSH client. Keep in mind, every new line is a new command.
    cd /
    mv /Applications /private/var/Applications
    ln -s /private/var/Applications Applications
  3. AutoItKing

AutoItKing New Member

I think what he means is, he did the hack correctly, and filled it up again. I think all you would have to do is move those new app files in to var where all the others are.
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

If you set the symlink (it's the ln -s ... line) then space that won't be a problem. Any new installs will automatically be installed in /private/var/Applications.

And it's obvious he set the link correctly, as he can still launch Apps. It's my guess that he put the Applications in the wrong place.