Can Some One Please Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by jaiscool, Jul 17, 2008.

1. jaiscool

jaiscool New Member

I Have A Version 1.1.3 Ipod Touch 8gb And Im Not Sure What To Do.

If I Update To 2.0 Will I Still Have The Installer????? And Will I Still Have The App Store?
  2. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

wait for the 2.0 jailbreak that gives you installer and appstore...

look for it sometime soon
  3. godogshomie

godogshomie New Member

Ok if you upgrade to 2.0 you will have to pay $9.99 and you will loose installer but gain the app store.

hopefully withen the next week the iphone dev team will release a jailbreak for the ipod, iphone, and iphone 3g to work with iphone and ipod 2.0 firmware's.
  4. Laser

Laser New Member

The Dev Team will be releasing pwnage tool very soon, most likely within the week. It will be only available on Leopard (not windows). If you own a PC, and would still like to be able to Jailbreak, then you will need to wait for either CMW to finish Winpwn (a windows version of pwnage tool) or for iSecks to finish his port of xPwn (xPwn is the command line behind pwnage tool).
    xPwn will be done first, most likely less than a day after pwnage tool, but winpwn will be more reliable. I would expect to be able to use winpwn sometime mid-late next week.
    If you update to 2.0 from jailbroken 1.1.4 then you WILL lose installer.app and all your sources, openssh, and your apps. Your data will not be backed up, and everything will be gone (as is always the case when you restore). I would recommend updating, because it is full of an incredible amount of new features that 1.1.4 doesnt have, even with jailbreaking. For example, it includes powerpoint support (in email), picture saving from the web, easy screenshots, appstore, push info (fetch), and an advanced calculator.