Can security be built into 2.0 Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Teslanaut, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    One of the biggest reasons why I won't jailbreaking is: Security.

Isn't there anyway to build in some security? Like on OS X, there is an App called "Little Snitch"

When an Application tries to connect to the internet, it will show a prompt if you would like to allow internet connections on certain ports to the internet or not.

How about some kind of thing like User Account Control or like on OS X and Linux, where you have to enter your Password to allow it to continue doing what it needs.

Of course, you would be able to create your own List in some sort of preferences as a "White List" allowing certain applications to do what they need without prompts. You would label them as "Safe" applications.
  2. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    SERIOUSLY!!! You dont jailbreak and you spend most of your time on this site. You have 7,500+ posts, and not a jailbroken iPod!?! NO LIFE!!!

Sorry, umm... i think there was an app like that, but then i thought you flamed them for such a bad idea, and they stopped.
  3. dabomb1022

dabomb1022 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OMG I no u have 7k posts and don't jb!!!!!!!!
  4. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What does Jailbreaking have to do with being on this site? Is this site entirely dedicated to Jailbreaking?

Seriously. So what if I have 7500 posts and aren't Jailbroken? Is this site named "Jailbroken iPod Touch Fans"?

No. So if you are not going to contribute, please shut your mouths.
  5. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    What the hell are they talking about?^^^ That doesnt matter!

ANYWAY, I think that would be cool. Kind of like the "[Application] would like to use your location" message, but with other types of data transfer. It needs more security than a screen lock.
  6. Salarian

Salarian Banned

Not really. Posting does not mean no life.

On-topic: I wish they would implement something like this to be installed when restoring with an custom ipsw. Right now security is not a really big concern of mine because I have this router at home for wi-fi and that is the only place I use wi-fi. Plus, it is only my ipod and I do nolt think there are any malicious applications in the Cydia or Installer.
  7. dabomb1022

dabomb1022 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm just saying. I'm not being mean I'm just suprised
  8. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Exactly. Or something like:

"[Application] Would like to access the internet on the following port # to the following address: www.google.com"

So you would at least know what its trying to do.

I have said time and again that I'm not jailbroken. I've even selected the option that I have an iPod Touch on firmware 2.0 non-jailbroken.
  9. Salarian

Salarian Banned

Also, 20 posts a day is not really that much. If each post consists of a couple of sentences then it is like writing a page for an essay. It is not a lot. Plus, I see Teslanaut on at night most of the time. (I had a different account but talked to bgizzle and decided to start over).
  10. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yeah. BUT!! I would like the option to turn it off. I might get kinda annoying.

Please Register or Log in to view images