Can people verify this issue?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by googledoc, Sep 24, 2010.

1. googledoc

googledoc New Member

So Ipod touch4g front basically has 3 parts, glass in inner most, thin black plastic part and followed by stainless edges.

After putting protecting skins, I realized that some of dusts pushed out from the screen while installing front film are stuck in between plastic part and glass. (visible in bright light)

So I looked at edges carefully, and I could actully put one A4 paper in between plastic part and the galss. (barely gets in tough).

I noticed that past geneartion of IPOD also had these gaps and I could put 1 peice of paper too, but dust is just more visible in ipod touch 4g somehow.

Can you guys actually try to stick paper in between plastic part and glass, and let me know whether this is common problem or not.

Please Register or Log in to view images

do you see those little white dust stuck in between plastic part and the glass? (pic is from the other user bytheway)

I know I am being really picky, but just want to verify whther only some of ppl have this problem or most.
  2. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

I've got some dust, but I don't get bothered by it. I plan on getting a case which covers just enough of the edge to keep out of mind, so there's no point in fretting.
  3. lunchmeats101

lunchmeats101 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't have it now, but I expect I'll get it soon.
  4. lordwin

lordwin New Member

yes i do have them, and it bothers me too

Please Register or Log in to view images

You don't actually see it unless you go close enough. good thing i dont have to get that close when using my ipod touch. The case im using covers the edges so i feel better.
  5. googledoc

googledoc New Member

I checked one of my friend's touch 4g without any protection film, and i couldnt really see this problem.

But I think this dust or (possibly leftover glue from glass) becomes more visible, when we put screen protectors with application solution.