Can one have a font displaying in SB, that is in Fontswap?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by xxmockeyxx, Sep 30, 2009.

1. xxmockeyxx

xxmockeyxx Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi, well I have some fonts I like, but I don't want them to be used system wide, I just want them to display as icon labels. I am unaware how to make the fonts only show in springboard though.

I have the font in a folder under fontswap, but how would I go about making that font display as my icon labels, but a different one to be used system wide?

For example, I have a super mario bros font in fontswap (it us under the system fonts directory), how would I make it so that font only displayed as the icon label font. And I also have Papyrus, which I would like to be the system font (safari, app store etc).

Could I make a .plist that says font-family:supermariobros.font
    And install Papyrus as my system font in font swap?

Thank you.
  2. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I don't think that'll work, haven't heard of anyone doin that. But feel free to try!
  3. xxmockeyxx

xxmockeyxx Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, thank you. I have installed the mario font once, maybe if I change the font in winterbaord to mario it will load it, I will post some results if I can use my neighbor's mac... I am running windows -__-.

[edit] I did it with iFile, and it didn't seem to work, it gave me some random theme, most likely heltiva or whatever the default theme is...

Darn, I wish there was a way to have one font as icon labels and the other as system..