Can not uninstall itunes

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by khoavip387, Nov 26, 2008.

1. khoavip387

khoavip387 New Member

hi guys
    I cann't uninstall itunes 7. and can not install itunes 8 ,too. I 've a problem with registry and Window didn't let me uninstall itunes.And I cann't use itunes 7. So what can i do now .

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. elars

elars New Member

I had the same issue and it was a real pain to resolve. I did it once and reinstalled iTunes, then a few updates later it happened AGAIN. I've since stopped using iTunes -_- Though I haven't heard this issue with 8, iTunes is and always will be a Mac-based program first, and Mac programming + Windows registry = bad times.

I can't find the steps I used, but apparently the help on this page "works":

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=5616150

Basically, you have to remove from the registry what iTunes uses to reference that it's installed, remove all of the iTunes registry entries, and remove all iTunes files (not your music, of course), then reinstall new.

The above reference tries to make that process more automated and less advanced through some program assistance. If it doesn't work, email Apple Support with any further issues, as I haven't had to fix it this way, and they should be aware of their screw up by now and be overly helpful to make up for their under-programming