can not move slider , screen does not respond to touching

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by resai, Feb 28, 2008.

1. resai

resai New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hi guys , i have a touchscreen problem , something happened while ipod touch connected to my pc itunes , now my screen does not respond to touch.. I've searched the whole forum there are other people facing the same problem but I didnt find any solution , I've tried so many things like resetting , restoring , even warming the screen

Please Register or Log in to view images

any solutions? please?

PROBLEM SOLVED :
    After trying several things , I decided to finish the battery completely , that was my last chance , suddenly I remembered that I've got a universal dock with a remote , put the touch into dock and start playing music with remote (the screen still shows slider and still untoucable) , after 1 hour I tried and see what , IT IS BACK??!!??
    I dont know still what the problem is , hardware or software but it is ok now..
  2. SPARTAN 294

SPARTAN 294 New Member

all i can think of is bringing it to the apple store and have them give you a new one
  3. skirocket

skirocket New Member

I have got exactly the same problem, i've restored it twice and it still isnt working, its been playing up for a few days, mainy crashing in safari but now it has complely froze and i cant do anything.... i've booked an appointment with apple tomorrow, so i hopefully should get a replacement.

4. resai

resai New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yes I tried all of the methods I can , shut it down and when I open it shows the screen with a slider again (world picture on back)..
    I think its a hardware problem , there is last thing that I didnt try , I'll finish its battery completely and try it then.. but this will take long time I think

5. resai

resai New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    not working again

after trying to finish the battery by the help of universal dock and remote , I thought the problem was solved , but I was wrong.. ipod touch again refuses to respond to touching

I think this is really a hardware problem..