Can Not install anything anymore...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by daffyack, May 14, 2008.

1. daffyack

daffyack New Member

Hi I'm new to this forum. But I really need a help, so hope you all can help me.

I have 1.1.4 jailbrrak iPod Touch. It has beeen working perfectly, but now I cant install any app. When I try to install, it shows that it is downloading, but as soon as it becomes "istalling package", it goes back to home page of iTouch. And new app icon is not there. And its not being installed. Does anyone know how to fix this problem??

Please help me!
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Uninstall a few items, then install BossTool. Run BossTool and move the Fonts, Ringtones, and Applications folders in order to free up space on the OS partition. Reboot your device and you're good to go.

Welcome to the forums.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    BossTools...

and it may be a problem with the SubSystem...

Get Cydia!
  4. daffyack

daffyack New Member

First of all, thank you two for comments.

I uninstall a few apps, but I still couldn't install BossTool. And I figure it might be the Subsystem's problem, so I thought about unistalling it and reinstall it, but then I may not be able to reinstall it. So I decided not to do that. I have no idea why it wont install anything anymore. Is it just that I have too many apps? I mean, according to iTune, I have a plenty of disc spaces still. I even tried to install Cydia, couldnt do it.
    Every time I try to install something, it goes back to home screen once "installing package" starts. and i go back to installer and see if anything new is installed, but it is not.
    Can you think of any other ways to fix this?

Thanks a lot
  5. SithLord

SithLord New Member

i have the same problem...
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You can either do it manually or better yet re-jailbreak your ipod and do it correctly this time. Please read a guide before you try!
  7. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

First uninstall a few apps. Then ssh in to your ipod and change the installer permissions to 777 then install bosstool and clear some space.
  8. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I'm guessing that is a duplicate account so you could run you immature little potty mouth. If you would have followed the guide you would have done the BossTool right after the BSD Subsystem was installed so you never would have to worry about it. My message was to offer help and suggest using the guide next time so it would not be a problem if you or whoever could not or did not feel comfortable doing it manually.
  9. daffyack

daffyack New Member

I SSH into my ipod, but i cant seem to figure out how to change the permission. I dont even know where it is and how to change it. Can you walk me through the steps??

And if i wanna free up space manually, what can i erase? or I know that there is two partition in ipod. when app is installed, are they installed into OS 300mb partition or bigger one?

and once you use BossTool to relocate font, ringtone, apps, im good to go? but when i next install some game, does the game be installed into 300mb partition or bigger one?
  10. Ameeran

Ameeran New Member

Its funny because i have the same problem as you but every time i install something then reboot my ipod, it actually comes up with the app and everything.