can not access iTunes store for January upgrade

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by honphy, Jan 21, 2008.

1. honphy

honphy New Member

i updated my ipod touch to 1.1.3 this afternoon, and tried to buy the apps, but it said that "Could not complete the iTunes store request, the store may be busy".

it's 22th Jan today
  2. commanderbdokey

commanderbdokey New Member

i heard that due to the complaints of the price they shut down the january update.
  3. jadphoto

jadphoto New Member

Where did you see that?
  4. Danielg

Danielg New Member

I want to buy the apps

Please Register or Log in to view images

i saw the error in the following situations:
    1) When i plugged my ipod touch into the computer(it supposed to pop a page with details about the upgrade...)
    2) When i press the "january software upgrade" in store.
    3) When i'm pressing the "buy now" in site.
  5. vega191

vega191 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)

I just bought the apps like two hours ago tops... No problem for me...
  6. Danielg

Danielg New Member

I did it!
    the server is busy!
    the itunes is not lying!
  7. heywoode

heywoode New Member

I can't access to buy the upgrade either. When I click on the january upgrade button on the itunes home page, it takes me to another page, but all I can do is click OK at the bottom and it takes me back to the itunes home page....

I wouldn't have a problem jailbreaking my 16gb touch, but it is a little worrisome. I don't have a big budget, and the purchase was a pretty extravagant one for me. The thought of bricking it scares me into just "playing by the rules", even though I'm not morally bound by that approach.

I have heard and read quite a bit that there are tons of apps and far more flexible options if I jailbreak rather than pay for the January upgrade. Can someone offer me some reassurances that jailbreaking my touch won't brick it, and that all will be well? I would REALLY appreciate some guidance with this.

Thanks,

heywoode
  8. brandonz85

brandonz85 New Member

I think I have a rather unique problem. I bought the apps a few days ago. Nothing happened. No download, no new apps on my iPod. I'm new to Apple and this whole iPod Touch crap, but I am smart enough to know that I have the 1.1.3 update and using the iTunes 7.6 that is required. I contacted Apple support and they said something about how orders can take 5 days to process... well it shows up in my purchase history. I searched my computer for missing files (as Apple suggested) and came up empty. I have yet to hear back from Apple, have no new apps and I am out the $20 bucks. Anyone have a clue what to do?
  9. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

Hi, the reason behind this is because the store is busy.
  10. mooseroo

mooseroo New Member

Same here...

I have exactly the same situation Brandon... I've looped back through Apple tech support twice and had the iTunes store team reauthorize my download but each time it downloads, I get no 4A93.ipa file in the folder that it's supposed to appear in: C:\Documents and Settings\YourNameHere\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\Mobile Applications

I've followed up twice with Apple via email and by reporting it as a problem through my purchase history again (second time) but still no luck. I can be patient for now... the touch is enough of a new toy compared to my 20Gig Photo... but it is very frustrating. Don't they test these things?

I also received my receipt today via email for the purchase... ordered it on Friday night.