Can my ipodtouch get a pc worm in its HDD

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gman180, Aug 1, 2009.

1. gman180

gman180 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hello everyone im really worried cause just recently i discovered my pc laptop had a worm that copys 2 files to any removable disk AUTORUN.INF and copy.exe now all my usb drives got infected and i pluged my ipodtouch into my pc can that virus put it self on my ipodtouchs HDD cause its like a removable disk.After i descovered this i got rid of the worm on my pc and on my usbs but i cant get into the ipodtouchs HDD cause apple makes it so it doesnt show up on my computer so i really cant scan it or look inside it and its not jailbroken so what can i do help???????????????
  2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Nothing will go wrong. The iPod touch isn't a medium to subliminally tranfer viruses.
  3. Mac_OS_X

Mac_OS_X New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm pretty sure that the iPod Touch doesnt have a HDD since it is flash memory...
    but anyways i dont think anything will happen to it. and if so probably u will have to restore ur iPod
  4. gman180

gman180 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    restore ?? like you guys get me right can a virus put it self on there iknow it wont do anything to my ipodtouch but i dont want it on there
  5. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No, a virus that was made specifically to target the Windows OS cannot jump into your OSX.(ipod)

If you're still unsatisfied, you can always just do a restore.
  6. gman180

gman180 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok i dont want to restore well i just restored to 3.0 and put my stuff back on
  7. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You won't get a worm or virus.

That would mean someone has found a jailbreak method through iTunes or something.
    And you're on Windows, I'm guessing. So that was specifically made for Windows. Not iPhone.
  8. gman180

gman180 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    still no convinced what about in my computer it shows my ipod as a camera can it go there
  9. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No it can't.

iPod showing as a camera has absolutely nothing to do with this. It's completely normal.
  10. thekodanator

thekodanator Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You won't get a virus on your ipod unless you put it there. the only way for your computer to read the ipod's filesystem is to go through itunes or ssh.