can jailbreak do somethin bad to my ipod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by mannemand, Mar 14, 2008.

1. mannemand

mannemand New Member

Mar 14, 2008
    hey everybody .... i have just got an ipod touch today

Please Register or Log in to view images

and i think it's awsome... but I just wanna know about the whole jaibreaking thing .... i'm thinking about doing it but anyway i'm afraid it wil you now destroy my ipod ?? kan anyone please give me an explanation....Thanx

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Nov 15, 2007
    Force Restore will reverse all changes it made, and will wipe all traces of jailbreak, so Apple can't tell and void your warranty.

I would appreciate if you were to search first though, as this question has been asked repeatedly.
  3. deveelx

deveelx New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Nope. Jailbreaking is actually the opposite of what you said. You have tons of fun once you jailbreak your iPod touch. Bricking or destroying, if you prefer that term, the iPod touch is very minimal or at 0%. I have never seen or heard a bricked or unworking iPod touch if a jailbreak went wrong. If during the process of jailbreakin something happened, restoring the iPod touch is always, always, always possible. Note I said, always three times. the only risk is that you will lose/void your warranty of your device with Apple.
  4. lilbrzboi

lilbrzboi New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    The chance of you possibly wrecking your ipod is 1 to 1,000,000,000,000,000,000
    Any thing that happens will be worst case senario in a restore.

people say they've "bricked" their touch but its because they dont know what theyre talking about and after a restore theyre set
  5. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Things that may destroy your iPod Touch:-
    Dropping it on a hard surface
    Dropping it in liquid (tea or coffee?)
    Leaving it in the path of a motor vehicle
    Throwing it at a spouse / partner and missing

Jailbreaking it will not destroy it, you may crash it and need to put it in DFU mode but that is pretty simple if you research with the search button or just go to

And the benefits far outweigh the time taken for a full restore and sync.