Can iPod Touch share a dialup connection through the wireless connection on a laptop?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by braddo, Sep 26, 2008.

1. braddo

braddo New Member

Hi there,
    I live in country NSW where wireless connections are pretty sparse and so is broadband. So my question. I have dialup at home and can connect my laptop (Toshiba) to it via cable. Can I get my iPod touch to connect to the laptop through the wireless connection to be able to access the internet? I want to download some ebooks from ereader.com but can't do it from itunes or any other desktop function as far as I have found ... need to be able to access the internet on my Touch. Read some threads on VNC software ... would this work if I installed it on the Touch and then the laptop? Right now my wireless connection on the laptop is not recognising the touch even though I have set it up to share internet connection? Appreciate any comments.
  2. golferdude24

golferdude24 New Member

You can use an AD-HOC Network it was really easy for me in Windows Vista. All I do is go into the wireless network spot in the status bar on the bottom right, and create an AD-HOC Network, and then right click on the network you made and click share all internet connections, and then it should work. I was able to use my dial up until i went to high-speed.