Can I use the app store while still having installer??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by felixen, Jul 14, 2008.

1. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay, I know I need 2.0 to use the app store. So first off, is the final version of 2.0 out, or is it only a beta that's out now?

Secondly, i have tons of great stuff on my iPod now. Can I update to 2.0, have 2.0 jailbroken and STILL keep everything I have on my iPod now?

If not, is it still not possible to somehow do a complete backup of the WHOLE iPod touch? Last time I asked it wasn't possible but that's quite some time ago, and with all the endless possibilities of the ipod touch I don't see why it shouldn't be possible to create an image file of the whole thing.

thanks in advance
  2. HAL9000

HAL9000 Banned

They have yet to release a jailbreaking method for the 2.0 firmware so installer will not be available for 2.0 until a method becomes available. You have to restore your iPod in order to upgrade to 2.0 so all the data from your iPod will be erased. If you wish to restore all your previous information you can do that by selecting "back-up" once it wishes to set up your iPod.

I do not recommend doing this if you want to restore to 2.0 from a jailbroken 1.1.4. You may want to restore your iPod to a clean 1.1.4 before upgrading to 2.0. You may encounter issues if you do not do so.
  3. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    antilol. So is it possible to copy whatever file that contains my "source information" to my computer? This way I could copy it back to my 2.0 ipod (when it gets jailbroken one day, that is) and still have the same sources in my installer
  4. ASLAN27n

ASLAN27n New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well u can SSH into ur ipod and get all ur apps and media files which i did. But later i found out even if they jailbreak 2.0 the old apps u have wont work becuz they only work for the 1.1. whatever firmware. i sort of regret upgrading to 2.0 becuz of that
  5. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Alright, I'll definitely wait a while then. thanks for your help though, I appreciate it