Can I Upgrade to 3.1.1 and then re-jailbreak and still have all my old jailbreak data

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by Sunrisemoon, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Sunrisemoon

Sunrisemoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lol long thread name but that is my question at the moment. Any answers?
  2. MrMetaphor

MrMetaphor New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    lol, first of all, there is no jailbreak yet for the 3.1 or the 3.1.1, BUT to answer your question in general. It is possible to jailbreak your ipod without losing any of ur music/videos/notes/etc.

If you are looking for the Jailbreak for 3.1/3.1.1 then google Chronic Dev Thats the team thats supposed to be doing it i believe.
    They have a Twitter and Blog up, so be sure to check that out.

iH8Sn0w is coming out with stuff to fix itunes problems with an iPod and such like that.. It is NOT a jailbreak software. But it is worth looking into in my opinion.

Hope this helped.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Sunrisemoon

Sunrisemoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh. I thought they said on the front page that 3.1 jailbreak was out...What I mean is not my old music and songs but everything I currently have on my iPod including the jailbreak data and apps...
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Uh what?
    http://www.ifans.com/2009/10/02/pwnagetool-3-1-3-released/

OP: The only way I know of doing it is to use APTBackup from Cydia
  5. inF4MOUS

inF4MOUS New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well some people figured out how to jailbreak 3.1.1 with their own tricks. And looks like it works too.

But if u will jailbreak ur ipod to 3.1.1 then u will loose all ur JB data and u cant avoid that.
  6. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yes you can, get pkgbackup in the cydia store, it saves a contact with all your jailbroken app data, u make a back up and when you update and rejailbreak you go to the app and hit restore, it will restore all apps that are compatable with the new firmware and some apps will have the same settings that you left. problem is the app is not free

Please Register or Log in to view images