Can I Upgrade from 1.1.3 to 2.0.1 ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by tusalen, Aug 10, 2008.

1. tusalen

tusalen New Member

Can I upgrade from 1.1.3 to 2.0.1? or do I have to upgrade to 2.0 first and then update it to 2.0.1?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

u can upgrade to 2.0.1 ..... itunes will always upgrade to the latest firmware no matter wut....
  3. tusalen

tusalen New Member

So I would follow the "instructions" on installing the 2.0.1 firmware similar to the "instructions" for the 2.0 firmware and then I can jailbreak 2.0.1?
  4. kenny999

kenny999 New Member

I do not see why not.. I mean when you install 2.0 it erases everything on your iPod Touch first. So I do not see it as a problem. It will do this like any others..

Make the custom firmware
    Pwn iTunes
    Just upgrade and it will erase everything and replace. I dont see the problem.
  5. tusalen

tusalen New Member

Thank you I'll give it a try, worst that could happen is I have to downgrade and upgrade to 2.0 first.

Thanks again
  6. kenny999

kenny999 New Member

No the worst that can happen is WinPwn gives you a error. In that case... if you have to restore to 1.1.3 if you have to get it to run your iPod Touch.

If your unsuccessful, please AIM me at : weissinator

I can help you.

There are other ways to Jailbreak.. I never tried these .. 2 step jailbreak or xwinpwn (theupdated one) (i tried xwinpwn) and I can help you if needed.
  7. tusalen

tusalen New Member

I was going to use a guide I found on ispazio, "how to create custom firmware 2.0.1 for ipod touch with winpwn 2.0.0.4.

Seems to be the simplest solution not always the easiest

Do you recommend another way?

The last time I did this it took a week to get my ipod touch to work properly, hence a little "gun" shy.