Can I unjailbreak my touch... WITHOUT restore?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by bliks, Mar 15, 2008.

1. bliks

bliks New Member

It is 1.1.4 and I am getting a bunch of errors from apps that I am trying to install and just.. urgh.. Jailbreaking back when it began was cool.. but now there just seems to be lots of crap and its all quite useless to me.

I used Ziphone 2.6b to do the jailbreak, which went fine.. but installer is giving me all kinds of errors and im just sick of it and want my touch back.

That said.. I can't just restore as my touch has never synced properly with my PC so all of my important data (calendars, contacts, play counts etc) is all on my ipod and I would not like to lose it.

So, can I do this without restoring the touch.. maybe like.. hiding the icons or.. getting rid of them altogether.. or reversing the jailbreak.. I unno... can you guys help me out?

Thanks,
    Bliks
  2. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    SSH into your itouch and go to /Applications folder and delete all third party apps including installer which is unjailbeaking it
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No.

Jailbreak is: (Privelage Escalation, meaning Access to the File System and Admin Privelages "Ability to run apps and chroot commands")

You are wrong

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. super51fan

super51fan Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    delete installer find the original services.plist but that would still void your warrenty
  5. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Just Restore

But, if you want to back up music and videos. Copy the /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control/Music Folder to desktop (which is all of your music and videos) then restore. Copy the Music's folder files to itunes. Put music on Touch.

For Contacts and Calendars I'll keep looking through my Touch for the location of the stuff.
  6. bliks

bliks New Member

I knew that jailbreaking was giving Admin privlages and root access... but if I SSH into the touch.. and delete /Applications like Khaos19 said.. will that essentially leave me in a pre-jail state? I mean without installer on my end.. its kind of useless... and if I upgrade to 2.0 when it comes out later on it will be as if this never happened right?

and, not to mention.. I paid the $20 for the apps (dumb I know.. but I use them all the time) so I would rather not change any .plist files

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Runlikeabear

Runlikeabear New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Have you tried just recovering out of the ZiPhone program?
  8. bliks

bliks New Member

just recovering? ... ahah if its that simple then I am a retard? will this do what I want it to do or..?
  9. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The only thing you can do is Restore.

That is the only way to remove all traces of the Jailbreak.
  10. bliks

bliks New Member

ok, so if I do that.. does it save all of my info.. because from the reading I have been doing.. it will get rid of all my info as well because I need to restore a firmware image in itunes.