Can I take all my cydia apps off my ipod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Noogums, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have to restore. I might as well update to 2.2.1. My question is can i take all my cydia apps off and put them back on through ssh? Or could i copy something that i can put back in so cydia will download everything for me again?

I cant sync with itunes for some stupid reason right now so i cant download aptbackup because that uses itune's backup thing to make a list. So can i take my apps off and put them back on later? (How?)

Thanks!
  2. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

You'd have to find every single file it puts on there and find out if there are any dependencies. Otherwise, copy them out of /Applications.
  3. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    you can. but you have to find out were exactly the apps are. i say just write down the names of the apps, update, download again.
  4. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That's what I would do.
  5. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

One other way I would do it is to use Cydia to find out the bundle identifiers of all the apps, like the com.developer.appname stuff, then restore and jailbreak. Then I would install openSSH, ssh into a terminal, run apt-get install com.developer.appname com.developer.appname2 etc.
  6. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just copied them from /applications. took a while but i got everything copied. themes and any mods i had were also copied. I'm gonna restore and upgrade to 2.2.1 now and i'll post back on how everything went.
  7. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

Don't forget to make sure the permissions are correct when you put them back on.
  8. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Weird. I updated and re-jailbroke and when i ssh'd all my apps were still under /applications but they wont come up on my springboard. Ive set permissions to 777 and 755 but they wont come up. How can i fix this?

They even show up in poof! But i cant get them to come up on my springboard. I tried turning them on and off but they wont show up. There was one app that i had turned off before i did this and when i turned it back on just now and it showed up. criekey. Maybe ill just go download them all again.
  9. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Look in the folder:

/Private/var/stash/ApplicationsXXXXXX/

Where 'X' is a random character.

See if they are in there.
  10. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yea i had 2 applications.xxxxx files. i know the original one was applications.CS2LimS and it had all my cydia apps in it. and a new one was made after i jailbroke called applications.wspYNp. I deleted the original (CS2LimS) off my ipod, but i still have a back up of it on my computer. Also, i copied all the apps from the original apps folder to the new one. Still nothing.